Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Starting again

Oh blogging, I have missed you but I have feared you. There was a time when blogging was necessary for me, and enjoyable. Every success and every failure was something I wanted to write about, it was an outlet that helped me sort out everything. It was also a great support, the blogging community is awesome. After a while, I started to feel pressure to write, not from my readers but from myself, and that's when I ended it.

Today I want to give it another go, I've missed it.

Two weeks ago today I began my NEW Weight Watchers journey. It was my 3rd time walking through the meeting doors and honestly, it felt great. I finally managed to work up the courage to be honest with myself and my husband, weight loss is something I can't do on my own. Ever since the last time I quit WW, my weight only went up. Not to my highest but it was close enough to open our eyes. Even when I wasn't loosing the last time, I never really gained and I know it's because I cared JUST enough to go to a meeting each week. Enough with the then... time for the now!

Today I begin week 3, I track EVERYTHING online. I don't lie to myself and "forget" to track, I'm honest. So far I'm down 4.1 pounds- and yes, that 0.1 DOES matter thank-you very much! And I'm feeling confident about where I'm going and frankly I love the program.

Since the last time I blogged I've added a big challenge for myself: I am a baker, I enjoy baking for my family and also for my community. Last summer I decided to start selling at a local farmers market and had a blast doing it, so much so I plan on hopefully doing it again this summer. Of course, with baking in my home comes a whole bundle of challenges that I am going to have to learn to get around. Tasting, sampling and tasting... man those BLT's (Bites, Licks, Tastes)can really add up, hey? It's a challenge that I'm going to have to work around but it's also an opportunity, an opportunity to be able to add healthier products to my otherwise not so healthy line. We'll see.

I hope the week is starting off on a productive foot! Take Care!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Make this about what you need it to be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie, It's so great to see you on here! I hope life is treating you well :)

      Delete
  2. So glad you are back to bloggin. I missed you!

    ReplyDelete